Learning Resource Centre (LRC)
Our Learning Resource Centre (LRC) is located in the main school building to enable access for students, staff and community groups. It has been attractively designed to promote the use of our IT facilities, reference books, fiction and careers resources. In addition we have DVDs, magazines and newspapers for students to use.
The ground floor is a multi-use area which has modern projection and audio facilities to enable presentations and external events to take place. Upstairs there are two spacious computer areas which allow students to undertake individual work. Sixth Formers have access to these areas for private study.
Aim of the LRC
- To provide an open access policy for all (term time)
- To support the spiritual and moral, social and cultural development of students, and the mission statement of the school
- To support the school behaviour policy to maintain a learning ethos
- To select resources with departments and students to ensure relevance to curriculum and student needs
- To promote student responsibility and ownership through the Junior Library Assistant Scheme
- The encourage reading, investigating and learning for pleasure by providing interesting and enjoyable resources for leisure
- To provide differentiated resources for students with literacy difficulties
- To promote the responsible use of ICT