Uniform & Equipment
BGN uniform is compulsory for all pupils in Years 7-11. All items of clothing must be named. The uniform is:-
Plain navy or black top coat – no logos
Navy blue blazer with BGN badge – no other top should be worn with school uniform
Navy ‘V’ neck jumper with BGN badge
Black substantial shoes with heel no higher than one inch. No material shoes or ballet shoes
A plain navy or black scarf
- Plain white shirt with collar large enough to allow the top button to be fastened. The top button must be fastened at all times
- BGN tie which should be fastened allowing at least 12 stripes to be shown
- Grey trousers, not black
- Blue and white check revere neck blouse
- Navy pleated skirt with the BGN logo on, no more than three inches above or below the knee
- Navy tailored trousers
- Plain navy or black tights, or socks below the knee (must be plain not patterned)
- No leg warmers
A high standard of personal appearance is expected of all students and anyone arriving at school in
non-uniform clothing may expect to be sent home to get changed.
- No body or facial piercings are permitted whatsoever, covering of such with plasters is not sufficient. Studs, rings etc may not be worn in school time. One pair of small ear studs, a small crucifix on a chain and a watch are permitted. These items will have to be removed for PE. BGN will not be responsible for the loss of these items.
- Hair colour and style must be appropriate for school. No tram lines cut into the style or dyed in any unnatural colours
- False Nails, make-up, including nail varnish, are not permitted in school [Years 7-11]
- Coats and other outdoor clothing may not be worn in school
- Boots may not be worn in school [Years 7-11]
Navy and gold rugby shirt Navy blue hooded sweatshirt with BGN crest
Navy blue shorts Navy blue track suit bottoms
Navy blue football socks with gold/white stripes Summer Term: Navy blue t-shirt with BGN crest
Navy blue short-sleeved polo shirt with BGN crest Navy blue hooded sweatshirt with BGN crest
Navy blue shorts, skirt or skorts with BGN badge Navy blue tracksuit bottoms
Navy blue socks with gold/white stripes Football boots
Please note that anyone arriving in non-uniform clothing may expect to be sent home to get changed. Similarly, anybody not having the right equipment may expect to be sent home to get it.
Every student is expected to provide the following basic items of equipment for every lesson:-
- Black ballpoint pen [and a spare]
- Coloured pencils/fine fibre tips
- Pair of compasses
- Rough notebook/jotter
- Pencil eraser
- Pencil sharpener
- Ruler 12”/30 cm
- Set square
Tippex/liquid paper is not allowed in school and must not be used in any school work. Laser pens/pointers are also not allowed in school at any time. Text books and specialised equipment will be issued on loan and students will be required to pay for any loss or damage to school property.
If items are not clearly labelled, they will be put into lost property.
Our school uniform is available from:-
Cross Embroidery Limited, Units 5-6 Lower Cherwell Street, Banbury, OX16 5AY.
Tel: 01295 270555. Email: email@example.com
Opening hours: 9 am – 5 pm Monday-Friday
9 am – 2 pm Saturday