We want our students to feel proud of themselves and the school through their achievement. At BGN we acknowledge that positive recognition of students who obey the rules encourages appropriate behaviour, increases self-esteem, creates a positive learning environment, and establishes positive relationships within the classroom.
WHAT REWARDS HAVE WE IN PLACE AT BGN?
Celebration Assemblies: Each term we will dedicate an assembly to celebrating the achievements of our students.
Principal Certificates: Students are recommended for Principal certificates for exceptional work, effort or actions.
We award Vivo Points to our students to recognise outstanding academic achievement, effort or contribution to our school ethos. The purpose of the use of Vivos at BGN is to engage, inspire and motivate students to enhance academic achievement, personal development and social responsibility. In addition to these rewards, school staff are also encouraged to support excellent behaviours for learning, attitudes to learning, personal development and our school ethos by contacting home through letters, phone calls, notes in planners etc. as they see fit.
Rewards are given for the following categories:
- Asking excellent questions
- Being an excellent role model
- Consistently producing excellent quality classwork
- Demonstrating commitment to extra curricular activities
- Excellent contribution in class
- Excellent contribution to spiritual life
- Excellent effort made in class
- Excellent use of SPG/QWC
- Perfect attendance
- Regularly meeting deadlines
- Responding effectively to feedback
- Showing compassion to others