Latest school news...
Last modified 22.05.13
The school now have an email address that you may use to report your...Read More
Last modified 01.05.13
Tickets are still available for the Starlight Express Theatre Trip in...Read More
Latest sixth form news...
Last modified 03.05.13
ear Parent / Guardian, SIXTH FORM LEAVERS MASS: FRIDAY 7TH JUNE...Read More
Last modified 03.05.13
Dear Parent/Guardian RE: Sixth Form Leavers Prom – Whately Hall...Read More
PTFA Minutes of Meeting - 10th May 2011
Blessed George Napier PTFA
Minutes of the meeting 10th May 2011
Present: Angela Boddy, Frances Brown, Belen Sainz, Sarah O’Donnell, Nicky Blacker, Mary Shurrock, Angela Paviour, David Moore, Julia Allman, Carrie Hicks, Jane Hamilton,
Apologies: Verena Childs, Sylvie Allen, Debbie Freeman, Gerri Beaumont, Paul Milner
Minutes and matters arising:
1. The minutes of the previous meeting were circulated.
2. Clothes Collection: unfortunately the collection bags were delivered to completely the wrong person and by the time they arrived in school it was too late to give them out. 10 bags of clothing were returned to school. We discussed bringing forward the next collection which is due on Oct to June.
• Action: Angela to follow up payment for the bags that were collected and to rearrange next collection
3. BGN Ball: Nicky updated us on the ball arrangements:
• Teni Berg is no longer able to help on the evening
• Replies have now been received from; Father Mervyn; Father David and the governors
• Debbie is to check with John about car park arrangements alternatively Paul has volunteered TA people to help
• Mrs Weaver has agreed that the LRC can be used if it is raining
• Menu needs to be changed so that it reads choice of dessert or cheese and biscuits. Menu details on the web site also need to be changed
• Cheapest table hire is Oxford Event Hire but they only have 13 which we have now reserved. Deposit of 50% needs to be paid and Mary agreed to send a cheque
• the ‘chair cover people’ will also need a cheque soon
• another letter will be sent out next week asking for donations for raffle/auction
• discussed sending a letter and/or poster into the primary schools and churches also to place an advert in the Banbury Guardian
• Tony Baldry can’t come but has donated a House of Lords bottle of champagne and a House of Commons bottle of whisky
• George and David would run the bar but will need others to help
• We still need to decide the wine list it is on sale and return so we can over order. Marlow Brewery do a draught beer barrel as do Hook Norton so Nicky will follow this up
• It was queried whether we might ask staff to help?
• Mr Lloyd has offered some balloons and red carpet
• There will be a rehearsal on Sunday June 26th for dancers/entertainers/waiters/ess time to be confirmed
• Carrie and Julia offered to wrap up prizes which are to be brought into school
• Nicky will source gift wrap and raffia from Proctors to continue the colour scheme
• Programme will be a last minute job when we know all the prizes
• When the menu is sent out we will include details of main prizes to stimulate interest before the event
• Priority now needs to be given to finding helpers for the evening. Many of the 6th formers who we had hoped would be available are actually on holiday. Carrie, Julia, Mary, Belen volunteered their daughters to help wait on table
• Helpers will be needed on the Friday night to help set up tables after the people who are setting up the interior have finished. Time to be confirmed
• It was noted that this will clash with the St John’s school fete
4. AOB: there was none.
AMENDMENT May 23rd 2011: The date for the next meeting has been changed and will now be June 14th as agreed at the meeting. There will also be another meeting on 28th June
Meeting closed 8.20
Events in our calendar...
05.06.13 00:00 - 00:00
Year 8 Art/PE/Science Museum LondonRead More