Latest school news...
Last modified 22.05.13
The school now have an email address that you may use to report your...Read More
Last modified 01.05.13
Tickets are still available for the Starlight Express Theatre Trip in...Read More
Latest sixth form news...
Last modified 03.05.13
ear Parent / Guardian, SIXTH FORM LEAVERS MASS: FRIDAY 7TH JUNE...Read More
Last modified 03.05.13
Dear Parent/Guardian RE: Sixth Form Leavers Prom – Whately Hall...Read More
UNIFORM, EQUIPMENT AND NEW ACADEMIC START DATE
Last modified 19.07.12
19 July 2012
Uniform, equipment and new academic start date
As we approach the end of our academic year, I write to you to remind you of our requirements with regard to uniform and equipment at BGN. We expect all students to adhere to these uniform and equipment expectations at BGN as follows:-
• Plain navy or black top coat – no logos
• Navy blue blazer with BGN badge. No other top should be worn with school uniform
• Navy ‘V’ neck jumper with BGN badge
• Black substantial shoes with heel no higher than 1 inch. No material shoes or ballet shoes
• A plain navy or black scarf may be worn
• Plain white shirt with collar large enough to allow the top button to be fastened. The top button must
be fastened at all times
• BGN tie which should be fastened allowing at least 12 stripes to be shown
• Grey trousers, not black
• Blue and white check revers neck blouse
• Navy pleated skirt no more than 3 inches above or below the knee [new skirts bought from mid to
end August 2012 will have the BGN logo embroidered in]
• Navy tailored trousers
• Navy or black tights or socks, no leg warmers
• No body or facial piercings are permitted whatsoever, covering of such with plasters is not sufficient
Studs, rings etc may not be worn in school time. One pair of small ear studs, a small crucifix on a
chain and a watch are the only permitted items of jewellery. These items will have to be removed for PE
• Hair colour and style must be appropriate for school
• Jewellery and make-up, including nail varnish, are not permitted in school
• Coats and outdoor clothing may not be worn in school
• Boots may not be worn in school
• Pupils must be dressed smartly at all times but especially so on Monday for full School Assembly and when required by Head of Sixth Form
Navy rugby shirt with gold band Navy blue short-sleeved polo shirt with school crest
Navy blue shorts with BGN badge Navy blue shorts with BGN badge
Navy blue football socks with gold stripes Navy blue socks with gold stripes
Football boots Training shoes
Navy blue hooded sweatshirt with BGN crest Navy blue hooded sweatshirt with BGN crest
Navy blue tracksuit bottoms Navy blue track suit bottoms
Navy blue t-shirt with BGN crest
All items of clothing must be named.
Please note that anyone arriving in non-uniform clothing may expect to be sent home to get changed. Similarly anybody not having the right equipment may expect to be sent home to get it.
• Black or blue ballpoint pen (and a spare)
• Coloured pencils/fine fibre tips
• Pair of compasses
• Rough notebook/jotter
• Pencil eraser
• Pencil sharpener
• Ruler 12”/30cm
• Set square
Tippex/liquid paper is not allowed in school and must not be used in any school work.
An overall/apron may be required for science and craft activities.
Just a reminder, the school will open on Wednesday 5 September to Years 7 and 12 and to Year 13 and fully open to all pupils from Thursday 6 September 2012. Please also note that school closes on Friday 26 October at 3.20 pm for the October half-term.
I would like to thank you for your continued support and wish you all a relaxing and enjoyable summer break.
Events in our calendar...